The oldest part of the city is Old Downtown Krasnodar, which consists of many historic buildings, several from the 19th century. Buildings have been preserved, restored or reconstructed, and the district is now a substantial tourist attraction.
There are several major theater venues for Krasnodar:
* The Krasnodar State Academic Drama Theater named after Gorky
* The Krasnodar Ballet Theater
* The Krasnodar State Academic Drama Theater
* The Krasnodar Regional Puppet Theater
* The Krasnodar Musical Theater
* The Children's Ballet Theater "Fugitives"
* The Krasnodar State Circus
* The Krasnodar Youth Theater
* The Krasnodar Philharmonic named after Ponomarenko
* The state creative institution "Kuban Cossack Choir"
* The Creative association "Premiere"
* The New Puppet Theater
Krasnodar has several major museums. The Krasnodar Regional Art Museum named after Kovalenko, the oldest public art museum North Caucasus, is one of the finest