Padova is a central railway node in the Veneto area. Many lines converge into the city central station, notably from:
• Venezia (Venice, Trieste, and points East) - Venice is only a 30-minute ride away
• Bologna (Bologna, Ferrara, Rovigo, Rome, Florence)one hour and half ride
• Milano (Milan, Brescia, Verona, Vicenza)two hours and half minute ride
• Castelfranco (Belluno, Calalzo, Feltre)45 minute ride
All kinds of trains pass through Padova: Eurostar, InterCity, EuroCity, InterRegionale, Regionale, InterCityNight, EuroNight, Espresso. More info is available on the Trenitalia website
Padova has its own airport for private planes, but with no direct commercial connections. However, three international airports are conveniently located nearby:
• Venezia Marco Polo (VCE) , 50km, lot of destinations throughout Europe.
o by bus: direct and frequent connections to Padova, 1h
o by train: bus to Venezia Mestre station, then train.
• Treviso (TSF) , 42km, low-cost airport with Ryanair and other carriers. Destinations: Dublin, London, Frankfurt, Bruxelles, Barcelona, Paris
o by bus: direct and frequent connections to Padova, 1h10 - see SITA website - choose Linee Regionale, then Veneto, then Orari Linee Veneto; last bus leaves airport around 20.00 or 20.25 depending on day of week.
• Verona Valerio Catullo (VRN) , 88km, many domestic flights and some international destinations (also low-cost)
o by train + bus
Other options further afield include:
• Brescia Gabriele D'Annunzio (VBS) , 130km
• Bergamo Orio al Serio (BGA) , 190km, many